[OM] Re: Speaking of tripods and such..

Subject: [OM] Re: Speaking of tripods and such..
From: Mike Lees <olympus@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 01 Mar 2006 11:19:12 +0000
Ian,

I have had the 410 for a few months now, and I quite like it. I have
always had very cheap video tripods until now, so I am not really a
tripod/head expert, but I find the 410 a vast improvement on these. I
enjoy macro work and just being able to adjust things a fraction is very
useful. The quick release mechanism allows you to make large adjustments
quickly and it works very well.

The first one I received had some slack in one of the knobs, so it went
back and the second one was fine. I got mine from T4 cameras
(http://www.t4cameras.co.uk/) They have it for £110 + £9 p & p. - a
whole 95p cheaper than Morris! There was absolutely no trouble with the
replacement. A carrier picked it up and a new one sent out. Looking at
their home page they are having a "Manfrotto Demonstration Day" on 1st
April at their Swindon branch.

I think I will end up getting a ball head eventually so I have a choice
- I quite like the look of the 322RC2, but I think I'd want to try it first.

Mike.