[OM] Re: DMC-L1

Subject: [OM] Re: DMC-L1
From: steven_read@xxxxxxxxxx
Date: Wed, 1 Mar 2006 10:57:39 -0500
Once I get over my disappointment in the lack of an E-1+ announcement, I
think this might be a very interesting camera body.  What I'm going to be
looking for is the color rendition, something the E-1 in particular does
much to my taste.  Durability/all weatherness would be the next
consideration, though I probably don't need it anymore, it's just a hangover
from when I was a geologist.  And to Rob's point if it shares the mount it
should share the adapter and if it shares the adapter...  then all my macro
setup's still work and all my lenses still have an excuse for hanging
around.  Of course there are two other points to consider, but only when I'm
being rational.  The first is that a 5D can take an OM adapter and use more
of the image circle.  The second is that, way back when, I was involved in a
friendly competition to create the best art with the cheapest camera.  My
photo's taken with a Lubitel TLR, $20, didn't stand a candle to the ones
taken by my buddy with his $2 plastic lens box camera that had a significant
light leak.  While his early negatives were damaged by the light leak, after
the first few he incorporated it into the images he was making.  If it's not
obvious enough, I take this to mean "it's not the tools".