[OM] Re: Wouldn't you know it ...

Subject: [OM] Re: Wouldn't you know it ...
From: hiwayman@xxxxxxx (Walt Wayman)
Date: Wed, 01 Mar 2006 17:42:20 +0000
When I bought my little hotrod truck back in January, I went for the $1200
extended warranty, which covers nearly everything for 72 months and/or 72,000
miles.  I was anxious to get the paperwork over with and get my butt into the
new toy and get gone, so when I heard that if I never used the extended
warranty, at the end of the 72-month period I would get my whole $1200 back, I
bit.  It only occurred to me a day or two later, when the excitement wore off a
little, that (a) the "free" warranty covers exactly half that period anyway,
and (B) the closer I get to the end of the extended warranty period, the less
likely I am to use it unless it's for some catastrophic failure, like the
engine or transmission, neither of which is likely, because it's natural to
figure that it's better to pay $500 for a repair today so I can get my $1200
back tomorrow.

What the hell, though!  I've spent money on stupidier stuff.  You ought to see
my camera closet.  At 71 months and 20 days, I may drive it up to Road Atlanta
and see how far it'll run flat out.  It might be worth the $1200 to find out.
Until then, maybe they'll treat me nice.  They have so far.  :-)

Walt

--
"Anything more than 500 yards from
the car just isn't photogenic." --