[OM] Re: Q: Phantom Ranch, Grand Canyon

Subject: [OM] Re: Q: Phantom Ranch, Grand Canyon
From: AG Schnozz <agschnozz@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 1 Mar 2006 13:40:22 -0800 (PST)
> Then you will need to hike down the 5,000 feet to the canyon
> floor and back up 3,000 feet to the south rim where you
> started.  That can be quite a physical exertion.

I've done a number of 3-5,000 foot "day hikes" in the
Applichians as well as the Rockies.  No big deal for me.  But
everybody talks about how difficult the Grand Canyon is.  Why
would the Grand Canyon be any different?  Is the sloping
different, which would account for long periods of very
streneous climbing?

AG

http://mail.yahoo.com