[OM] Re: Calling on the collective wisdom of the list

Subject: [OM] Re: Calling on the collective wisdom of the list
From: "Daniel Sepke" <dan@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 1 Mar 2006 16:58:48 -0500
AG,

If you are thinking of heading this way with a lens for soft focus use you
may wish to consider copying the way Fuji did it for their much lauded 85mm
f4 SF lens. This has a fixed disc just in front of the regular aperture with
a series of rings of holes around a central hole that is just larger than
the fully stopped down aperture. The holes get smaller as you get to the
edge of the disc. This in effect allows you control over the softness of the
lens as you stop down. If you are thinking of using this lens on an E body
then a 50mm f1.8 is a good place to start in my mind. If you want to use it
on an OM then a (not *the*) 100mm f2.8 would be a good candidate. This type
of pierced disc is the same design as Mamiya used in their MF soft focus
lens, except theirs has three interchangeable disks for varying degrees of
softness.

Now where did I put that miJ with a scuff on the rear element?

Dan S.