[OM] Re: Calling on the collective wisdom of the list

Subject: [OM] Re: Calling on the collective wisdom of the list
From: NSURIT@xxxxxxx
Date: Wed, 1 Mar 2006 22:42:14 EST

In a message dated 3/1/2006 6:39:19 P.M. Central Standard Time,
wincros@xxxxxxxxxxx writes:

That  is interesting. Didn't people just put a piece of gauze or nylon
stocking over the front of the lens? I suppose it all looks subtly
different. He did some nice photos with his sandblasted  lens.

In another life when I had a relationship with Pall Mall, we would stretch
some hose material over the front of the lens and then take a cigarette and
burn  a hole in the middle giving you a sharpness in the center and a softness
on
the  edges.

I also like the sandblasting idea.  May have to carry one of my Zuikos  down
to the local glass company and get a little blasting done.

Bill Barber