[OM] Re: Manrfotto 410 question

Subject: [OM] Re: Manrfotto 410 question
From: Rob Harrison <robhar@xxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 1 Mar 2006 23:24:36 -0800
On Mar 1, 2006, at 7:06 PM, Jay Drew wrote:

> I'm using the Acratech ball head and have the plates for that.  So
> can I mount the pull the QR portion off and put on the Acratech
> portion that
> mounts on a normal 1/4 - 3/16 stud?

As Wayne said, you have to mount the Acratech 'catch' portion right
on top of the Manfrotto QR. I do just that. I haven't fooled with it
much to see if there's a different way, but you do have to think
about which way you're going to mount the camera, for example with a
shift lens, to avoid interference. A spacer plate in between the RRS
clamp and the Manfrotto QR would probably do the trick.

Rob in Seattle