[OM] Re: [Digital] What I've been missing...

Subject: [OM] Re: [Digital] What I've been missing...
From: Mike Lees <olympus@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 03 Mar 2006 17:04:30 +0000
Didn't Olympus license technology from Minolta for the Full Synchro F280?

I must admit to being similarly impressed with my C*non 580EX. It sounds
almost the same with the wireless features, wide-angle diffuser etc. It
also has a "catchlight" for use with bounce flash. It does FP Flash and
has a strobe mode where you specify how many flashes per second it
should emit!

The only thing I have trouble with is the pre-flashes. Since it isn't
OTF it fires two flashes - a low power pre-flash to determine the
exposure and then the real flash. Usually these flashes are in such
quick succession that you hardly notice, other times it fires a
pre-flash on a half-press of the shutter - which usually take me by
surprise.

Mike.