[OM] Re: [Digital] What I've been missing...

Subject: [OM] Re: [Digital] What I've been missing...
From: "Bill Pearce" <bs.pearce@xxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 3 Mar 2006 11:19:45 -0600
  Compared to the
> A1 shots, amazingly enough the A1 shots are a little sharper,
> about the same grain/noise level, definitely more "colorful",
> but lacked the 3D'ness of the film shots.

This reminds me of video. Watch your local news, when you get the picture
live right off the camera. Then compare it to something shot on film. At a
glance, the video has a clarity that film just can't give. It looks bright
and sharp, like the difference between regular NTSC and hi-def.

But, look closer. It is almost cartoon-like. There just isn't the subtlety
to it, things look more two-dimensional.

I'm not saying digital is crap, I just think that, at this stage of
development, there is still something about film that it can't duplicate.

Not like anybody cares.

Bill Pearce