[OM] Re: Wouldn't you know it

Subject: [OM] Re: Wouldn't you know it
From: Brian Gray <brian.gray@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 03 Mar 2006 22:51:19 +0000
Chris wrote
Extended warranties in the UK are the cream for the salesmen.  They
cost a bomb and are rarely used, I gather.  I have not seen one for
exchanging serviceable goods.

In general I fully agree with the sentiments but my recollection,
which may be wrong as my experience is going back longer than I like
to think, is that Richer Sounds used to do something of the sort on
home audio equipment.  I think that for a limited period (2 years?)
you could trade in the old equipment at a very reasonable price in
exchange for new - the point being that they also provided very good
deals on reconditioned equipment if you did not wish to buy new.  I
have no connection with the company but my family were very satisfied
customers and I think some of their equipment is still around.
        Maybe more related to guaranteed repurchase prices on cars.
Brian