[OM] Re: [Digital] What I've been missing...

Subject: [OM] Re: [Digital] What I've been missing...
From: Wayne S <om4t@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 03 Mar 2006 21:18:06 -0500
At 03:10 PM 3/3/2006, silver schnozzola wrote:
>So, what we have right now in still imaging is the mad rush
>towards "perfect" even though it lacks the intangible element.
>
>If specifications meant everything, then why am I so enamoured
>with a print from Bill Barber where he used a pinhole cap on an
>E-1?

So, are you postulating that perhaps, imperfection, in some way, makes
the world more beautiful, could possibly be closer to real creativity,
than perfection? And how quickly I look at near perfect photos, just to
find some imperfection, and once found that imperfection attracts my
gaze even more, draws me in deeper ... the attraction of imperfection,
what a concept. Or Maybe, rather, a perfect photo is simply too
disturbing to our minds? Makes us uncomfortable?

now... where did I misplace my lomo....

Wayne