[OM] Re: [OM-D] PMA 2006 Olympus info?

Subject: [OM] Re: [OM-D] PMA 2006 Olympus info?
From: Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 05 Mar 2006 08:58:13 -0500
An OM Zuiko 50/1.4 and OM/EOS adapter sounds like a good alternative to
me.  I had to pay over $100 for my good quality adapter but I see there
are now what appear to be good quality, Chinese made chrome plated
bronze adapters for under $30.  Actually, I just found this one:
<http://cgi.ebay.com/Olympus-OM-lens-Canon-EOS-body-adapter-10d-20d-5d-rebel_W0QQitemZ7595532817QQcategoryZ43479QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem>
that has a BIN price plus shipping of less than $30.  Maybe I'll buy a
couple more to keep them mounted on selected OM lenses.

I was very disappointed that Oly didn't at least announce the E-3 as a
development project.  I think I will be going whole hog before long and
springing for a 5D.  I got five hours of shooting the Boston Classical
Orchestra in Faneuil Hall with both 5D and 20D last Thursday.  The 5D is
truly a nice machine.  But I don't need it immediately and maybe waiting
a few months will see the price get below the (about) $2900 level where
it is today.

Sorry for rambling with my stream of consciousness this morning.  I've
been thinking about this for a long, long time.

Chuck Norcutt