[OM] Re: [OM-D] PMA 2006 Olympus info?

Subject: [OM] Re: [OM-D] PMA 2006 Olympus info?
From: Bernard Frangoulis <lists@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 6 Mar 2006 17:22:05 +0100
>That said, the D200 is a fine camera and I liked what I got from it
>but I think that you have to compare it with a 30D or something in
>that range where it is clearly worth the extra cost.
>The 5D really belongs in the bottom end of the next step up, I
>suggest. That's where the price point places it in the Canon line-up,
>and it doesn't have a direct equivalent from other makers.

True.

What about the build? The D200 is reportedly better built (although maybe not
quite up to E-1 standard). Since I travel often, and rather "backpacker-style",
this would be an advantage.

There is also a feature which I like in the D200, and is not in the 5D. On the
D200, if my information is correct, you can set one of the front buttons (the
one under the DOF button) to make a spot measurement, without leaving the
"main" mode (such as center-weighted), thus enabling an almost-OM-4-like use
(without multispot of course, but I very rarely use it). Can anyone confirm
this?

Bernard