[OM] Re: Isle Royale Workshop

Subject: [OM] Re: Isle Royale Workshop
From: "Bill Pearce" <bs.pearce@xxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 6 Mar 2006 19:48:52 -0600
> On another widlife show I saw a sequence where a couple of lions tried
> to take down a water buffalo. They attacked from the rear and each got a
> good hold on a haunch. The buffalo just walked down to the water,
> dragging lions behind it, and walked in until it got deep enough that
> the lions had to let go and swim back.

On her last safari, my wife saw the only know lion pride that can take down
an adult elephant. As it happens, it takes seventeen lions (working together
in harmony) to get the job done. This is the only know instance of this, and
it is a skill that is apparently handed down from generation to generation.
It is believed that they learned by trial and error.

And, no, she was not able to witness the act.

Bill Pearce