[OM] Re: Attention 35 mm shift owners need your advice

Subject: [OM] Re: Attention 35 mm shift owners need your advice
From: "Jeff Keller" <jrk_om@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 06 Mar 2006 21:18:14 -0800
Cc: oiwert@xxxxxxx
I don't see any difference in the bodies. The front lens ring is the only
difference that I see

OLYMPUS OM-SYSTEM ZUIKO SHIFT 1:2.8 f=35mm 1009xx
OLYMPUS OM-SYSTEM ZUIKO SHIFT 35mm 1:2.8 1108xx Japan

The higher serial number lens has a greenish colored reflection that I don't
see on the other. I'm looking at them under incandescent lights so the
actual colors I see would change under daylight.

-jeff

----Original Message Follows----
From: Olaf Iwert <oiwert@xxxxxxx>

Dear 35mm shift owners, I need your advice :

How can I recognize whether it is the first or the later version of the
shift lens ?
I am asking this because although being a blacknose lens I saw that it
might not necessarily comply with the 'normal' rules of engraving on the
silver ring next to the bajonett mount.
Any possible identificaton by serial number ?

Please reply offline to
oiwert@xxxxxxx

Thanks in advance
Olaf Iwert (the second Iwert on the list)