[OM] Re: OMUSA is he crazy? Now: In defense of Alex . . . kind of . . .

Subject: [OM] Re: OMUSA is he crazy? Now: In defense of Alex . . . kind of . . .
From: "Jeff Keller" <jrk_om@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 07 Mar 2006 08:58:43 -0800
Are you saying that it's the buyers fault, if the buyer thinks "New" from
"olympususa" is a new, unused item from Olympus?

I suspect many people would pay more for the same thing if it came from
Olympus America than from Joe's Pawn shop. I think Alex benefits
significantly by appearing to be "Olympus". Everybody gets to decide what is
acceptable and what is unacceptable deception. I've been tempted to buy a
couple things from Alex but haven't because for me he is on the wrong side
of the line.

I don't think anyone faults Alex for selling at the highest price he can
get. His prices and volume can't be ignored though. He is the Hunt brothers
of OM equipment. If a good part of his success comes from deception, you can
decide for yourself if it is important and you want to contribute to the
success of his activities.

If Alex ran a refurbish business I would probably send him some lenses to
spiff up. He seems to deliver good looking goods with questionable
provenance when they are described as New.

-jeff

----Original Message Follows----
From: NSURIT@xxxxxxx

Hmm, I sometimes find myself wanting to defend this guy.  It  doesn't always
feel right, as his descriptions are often fraudulent or at the  very least
deceptive and I find that particularly distasteful.
--
I emailed Alex recently to inquire about an item and got a prompt response
with enough accurate information to let me decide not to buy something he

    <{8^)  Bill  Barber