[OM] Re: 35mm f2.8 Shift

Subject: [OM] Re: 35mm f2.8 Shift
From: "Jeff Keller" <jrk_om@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 07 Mar 2006 09:15:38 -0800
I think jmac has pointed out a good price. They probably sell closer to $400
but with a little patience, you stand a good chance of getting one for about
$350 (if it doesn't have a box).

The 21/3.5 hood is the right hood for the lens. You will probably find that
your hand works better. It is possible to hand hold the camera, prevent a
loose lens from sliding, and shade it from out of image light with only two
hands but it will seem odd at first. A tripod makes it easy but isn't
necessary.

The lenses often have cosmetic damage (some tripods interfere with the down
position) but the lenses don't seem particularly susceptible to damaging the
optics.

If you take pictures of things, you'll probably love the lens. If you take
pictures of people, you probably won't find much value.

-jeff

----Original Message Follows----
From: "James N. McBride" <jnmcbr@xxxxxxx>

I think one of these just sold for about $340 and that auction site. /jmac