[OM] Re: AMEX + beer + Internet = E-thingy 2

Subject: [OM] Re: AMEX + beer + Internet = E-thingy 2
From: hiwayman@xxxxxxx (Walt Wayman)
Date: Tue, 07 Mar 2006 23:32:54 +0000
Actually, it was two things, neither of which was beer (although it might've
helped), that caused me to whip out the AMEX card.  First was the review by the
"other curmudgeon" from down under, Andrew F., and second was spending a few
hours recently shooting down-low macro with the Mamiya RB67 and realizing just
how dadgum convenient a real, not Varimagni, waist-level viewfinder is for
stuff near the ground.  It was so cool to be able to shoot while sitting,
resting the camera on foot or knee sometimes, instead of slithering along the
ground on my belly like a serpent, getting mud on my ears and chinny chin-chin,
all of which got me thinking about that real-time, flop around, big ol' LCD.  I
expect the E-330 and the 50/2 DZ macro to become close, long-term companions.
I'm now actually sort of looking forward to the annual late spring bug
population explosion.  I'll just need to replentish my supply of Backwoods
Cutter and remember to duct tape my jeans to my boots to keep out
  the c
higgers.

And I promise a report, to you and to Joel, and to everybody else who'll listen.

Walt

--
"Anything more than 500 yards from
the car just isn't photogenic." --