[OM] Re: 35mm f2.8 Shift

Subject: [OM] Re: 35mm f2.8 Shift
From: "Jeff Keller" <jrk_om@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 07 Mar 2006 18:50:03 -0800
I'm the one guilty of wondering if any were truly SC. The OM FAQ

http://brashear.phys.appstate.edu/lhawkins/photo/LensXCoatings.txt

seems to have limited data. None of the entries that specifically say shift
claim MC. The MC lenses listed among the shift lenses could be standard
35/2.8 lenses. Of the 6 lenses reported that specify shift, two specify SC
while the remaining 4 don't specify anything Only 1 of the 6 lenses has that
high of a serial number. Iwert posted that a ser no > 110,000 is required to
be the latest. He also apparently had a lens mount that says only "Japan"
rather than "Lens Made in Japan".

Gary doesn't give the serial nos. of the two he tested.

I guess the yellow purple reflection is what people use to decide it is SC.

-jeff