[OM] Re: OM sort of

Subject: [OM] Re: OM sort of
From: Andrew McPhee <macca@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 08 Mar 2006 18:26:34 +1100
>Hi all,
>
>Some times I can't help myself.  Prices are getting ridiculous for some nice
>glass.
>
>On trademe there was a Tokina RMC 135/2.8 with a starting price of $15 NZ.
>
>For those stateside, that's about $10. No photo, so I asked a few questions.
>
>I didn't really want it as I have a Zuiko 135/3.5. So I didn't bid, and
>neither did
>anybody else.
>
>As is usual on trademe, those who have shown a written interest sometimes
>are offered a second bite at the cherry when the auction is over.  He
>offered it
>to me for the original $15, $5 postage.  So I bit.
>
>It seems like a very nice lens and when the glass is cleaned up a little,
>will
>seem like new. Seems sharp enough.  $15 !!!
>
>Brian

You did well Brian.

I watched a Zuiko 65-200 zoom sell on Aussie oboy last night for AU$28.30,
I was tempted to make a bid but didn't.

OTOH, Oly 'collectibles' seem to be going up in price.  A common Pen EES2
sold recently for AU$85 and a Pen EED in the UK went for an absolutely
ridiculous AU$207.  Or maybe these are just cases of oboy fever, who knows...

Andrew McPhee
http://www.dev-stop-fix.com/