[OM] Re: OM-1 battery test

Subject: [OM] Re: OM-1 battery test
From: Russ Butler <russ@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 08 Mar 2006 09:05:24 -0500
Chuck Norcutt wrote:
> I'm really not sure what Russ is looking for as I can never recall
> seeing a battery test here for the mercury battery in an OM-1.

'Thought' I saw something about a battery test but hey, I'm a senior.

> But I can think of an easy way of testing it which doesn't require any
> voltmeters or testing equipment other than a gray card.  Assuming that
> you have no reason to doubt the accuracy of the meter, just do a
> "sunny-16" check with your gray card.  Of course, if you're unsure of
> the accuracy of the meter and (of course) don't have a new mercury
> battery... convert to silver oxide.

I was looking for a way to judge the battery while I'm on the road.  But
(dah) the sunny-16 should give me all. If it's off on the low side,
stick in a new battery; still off, go home and get another OM-1 & use
stylus in the meantime.

Thanks,

Russ Butler (nj usa)