[OM] Re: Digital decisions

Subject: [OM] Re: Digital decisions
From: AG Schnozz <agschnozz@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 8 Mar 2006 10:00:47 -0800 (PST)
> Thanks.  I think that makes sense about the focus point
> selection. That informational item should go into the
> E-Thingy FAQ.

There you go, Joel.  It's not like you have anything better to
do.  :)  Besides, I'm a little upset, yet.  UI beat MSU last
month.

> I never use the AF illuminator!  I'll have to remember that
> it's got that feature.

I generally do not use the AF illuminator.  With my E-1, the
performance gain is minimal and I don't like blinding people
with that stupid red light.  It makes them too nervous and they
know I'm about to take a picture of them.

> I will try to duplicate your problem with the dimmer pulse.

With the firmware upgrade, florescent lighting is much better
than it had been before.  Under normal florescents, you were
lucky to get the focus to lock at all.  Now it will usually do
so pretty quickly.  Quicker with the AF illuminator turned off!
However, at home, I've got full-spectrum CF bulbs in one room.
The AF refuses to work at all in that room!  Very strange.  It
works fine in all the other rooms with CF bulbs, just not the
one with the full-spectrum, daylight balanced ones.

AG

http://mail.yahoo.com