[OM] Re: Digital vs film resolution

Subject: [OM] Re: Digital vs film resolution
From: "Robert Swier" <robert.swier@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 8 Mar 2006 15:14:38 -0500
Ah! You know, I've never head that term, but it makes sense that such
a term would be developed.

I actually turned off the automatic preview on the E-1, because I find
it distracting. Now I only check the shot if I think the exposure
might not have been right.

And even then, I only look at the histogram or use the preview mode
where the out-of-range areas are flashing. I find that judging
exposure by just eyeballing the plain image is basically impossible
(for me).

When I first starting observing this chimping behavior, it occurred to
me (somewhat jokingly) that a budget digital camera might not even
bother having a memory card, because the primary enjoyment of the
image occurs during the preview!

Robert Swier
Toronto