[OM] Re: Digital vs film resolution

Subject: [OM] Re: Digital vs film resolution
From: hiwayman@xxxxxxx (Walt Wayman)
Date: Wed, 08 Mar 2006 21:39:23 +0000
Actually, I think the pre-chimping thing was a Polaroid back for the MF or LF
cameras.  I've still got a couple that fit my 6x9 Graphics.  No film, though.
Back "in the day," if you had a really complicated and/or important shot, you
could set it up, shoot it with the Polaroid back to see if you got it wrong or
got it right.  If you got it wrong, then you could fix it.  This all took
several minutes and cost about 50 cents a shot.  Chimping is free and instant.

God, I do love it so!  Smells like .... progress.

Walt

--
"Anything more than 500 yards from
the car just isn't photogenic." --