[OM] Re: Dvorak - Photojournalist

Subject: [OM] Re: Dvorak - Photojournalist
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 08 Mar 2006 20:45:12 -0800
Bill Pearce wrote:

>If I was his boss, I'd take away his expense account.

Then when circulation declined, you'd be out of a job. Dvorak wouldn't
be unemployed by then, of course, having landed on his feet back at the
old stand or somewhere else.

I find it amusing tht people read him and complain about it. That's
exactly what he and his employers want, Ignore him and, even worse,
don't buy the mag, and you really hurt him/them.

Of course, he knows even less about photography than computers, but I
don't see where that matters for the intent. Back 30+ years ago, he had
some reasonable level of technical knowledge. My brother talked with him
occasionally and was interviewed by him about said brother's then
computer company. Said he was an odd guy, but generally knew enough to
write knowledgeably about the industry.

I haven't read him for many years.

Moose