[OM] Re: Dvorak - Photojournalist

Subject: [OM] Re: Dvorak - Photojournalist
From: Andrew Fildes <afildes@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 9 Mar 2006 17:54:54 +1100
One of my local newspapers had someone like him years ago. It's
slightly liberal in tone (except when it really matters) and hired a
deeply conservative columnist to do two short, topical columns per
week. Everyone hated him (including the other journalists I've
discovered) but EVERYONE read him so that they'd have something to
bitch about. He was very successful in his task. Looks like Dvorak is
equally successful.
I call it the dentistry principle - we hate them but but we need them.
AndrewF