[OM] Re: OM-1 battery test

Subject: [OM] Re: OM-1 battery test
From: John Hermanson <omtech1@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 09 Mar 2006 08:15:41 -0500
I'll test one next time to see what combination makes the battery check
work.
___________________________________
John Hermanson
Camtech Photo Services, Inc.
21 South Lane, Huntington NY 11743
631-424-2121 | Olympus OM Service since 1977
http://www.zuiko.com  |  omtech1 AT verizon.net

Chuck Norcutt wrote:
> Maybe minimum ASA, maximum shutter speed and miniumum aperture... a
> combination that would never be used in taking a photo?
>
> Chuck Norcutt
>
> John Hermanson wrote:
>
>>Oldest OM-1s had a battery check circuit built in but it was never
>>mentioned in the instruction books.  Feature involved a small curved
>>circuit board attached to the side of the meter coil housing.  Here's a
>>page with a picture of it. Scroll down to second pic.
>>
>>http://www.zuiko.com/1_tech_2.htm
>>
>>Small brushes rested on the circuit. When a specific asa, shutter speed,
>>f stop was set the brushes would land on the large contact on the end
>>and complete a circuit, centering the needle or something along those
>>lines>)

-- Type: text/x-vcard
-- File: omtech1.vcf