[OM] Re: : Digital vs film resolution

Subject: [OM] Re: : Digital vs film resolution
From: AG Schnozz <agschnozz@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 9 Mar 2006 08:22:50 -0800 (PST)
> Photography and Imaging recently had a column/tutorial showing
> us how to create 'Velvia-like' color in Photoshop.

It ain't.

There will only be ONE Velvia.  We've turned our vision into
Nuculearified Astia.  Velvia has unique "capture" properties
that go beyond saturation.  It's a color/brightness response
thing.  We can mimick some of the characteristics, but that's
where it ends.

Furthermore, the farther people get away from actually shooting
Velvia, the more their memories of the actual traits are fading.
 There's more to Velvia than Saturation.

AG

http://mail.yahoo.com