[OM] Re: Dvorak - Photojournalist

Subject: [OM] Re: Dvorak - Photojournalist
From: Andrew Fildes <afildes@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 10 Mar 2006 17:09:45 +1100
as in 'ei' = eye and 'ie' = ee? That's a common error.
The one I'm noticing is the Serbs and neighbors who are modifying
their 'ic' name endings so that a Bosnic has moved from 'Bosnich' to
'Bosnik'
The Poles are beyond redemption of course - the highest mountain in
Australia is Mt Kosiosko, (sp?) which was named after a Polish
explorer - it's a mere pimple by international standards as we're a
bit worn flat down here. No-one has the merest clue how to pronounce
it (sort of Ko-shoe-sko I believe). I worked with a teacher who's
name is genuinely unpronounceable - everyone just called him 'Mr
Z' (no, ZED!)
AndrewF