[OM] Re: Dvorak - Photojournalist

Subject: [OM] Re: Dvorak - Photojournalist
From: "Marc Lawrence" <mlawrence@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 11 Mar 2006 10:07:54 +1100
> Andrew Fildes wrote:
> The Poles are beyond redemption of course - the highest mountain in
> Australia is Mt Kosiosko, (sp?)

Are you being ironic here, Andrew, because...

> ...I worked with a teacher who's name is genuinely unpronounceable
> - everyone just called him 'Mr Z' (no, ZED!)

...I believe they not all that long ago agreed to put the "z" back
into Kossie (I'm studiously avoiding spelling it, because I'm too
lazy to look it up)? I guess, by doing so, they made it a ZTop,
if not a ZZTop (for some reason, an image of a beardless(?) Walt
doing circle-work in his ute just popped into my head).

>From memory, (ok) Kosciuszko (sp?) was not only a "Polish hero", but
was a significant figure in American history too (the man got around).
Our highest mountain would be a lot easier said if Strzlecki (sp?)
pronounced it "Townsend" or "Tar-gan-gil" though. ;)

OM Content: None...except I do have quite a few photos of the region,
as, I imagine, does the near-to-Kossie Foxy.

Cheers,
Marc
Sydney, Oz