[OM] Re: [OT] Digital and the color purple

Subject: [OM] Re: [OT] Digital and the color purple
From: Winsor Crosby <wincros@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 11 Mar 2006 10:21:57 -0800
That was informative. I frequently see statements on a forum that
such and such camera can't do purple which is quickly answered by
people with wonderful examples of purple in their images. If I
encounter that I will try your technique of properly looking at the
image and balancing it.

The invitation to compare your LCD image with the website is a bit of
a scam I think. There is no such thing as a calibrated LCD on a
camera. Seeing a color difference says nothing about the image itself
and to imply that it does is dishonesty by the software maker. Using
an LCD for anything other than display of menus and tools, framing or
checking focus seems to me to be asking for grief.

Winsor
Long Beach, California, USA