[OM] Re: [OT] Digital and the color purple

Subject: [OM] Re: [OT] Digital and the color purple
From: Fernando Gonzalez Gentile <fgnzalez@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 11 Mar 2006 23:07:02 -0300
on 11/03/2006 14:34, Richard Lovison at rlovison@xxxxxxxxx, wrote:

> digital cameras have
> a difficult time reproducing the color purple
Could this be related to the fact that purple is a 'non-spectral' colour, I
mean: taking the chromatic diagram as reference, purple falls into the
triangle HCJ - the curve begins at 400mµ (H) up to 700mµ (J), C being the
white poiint. Any point into HCJ ia a non spectral colour, and have
surprising properties ;^)

Hey, don't laugh at me, I'm only a medical doctor - a psychiatrist
moreover...

Fernando

HCJ names are taken from my old textbook of physics, Sears (M.I.T.) -
Zemansky (College of the City, NYC) - fourth edition, 1957.