[OM] Re: Attention : 16mm fisheye owners - now: 21/3.5 owners

Subject: [OM] Re: Attention : 16mm fisheye owners - now: 21/3.5 owners
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 12 Mar 2006 00:21:17 -0800
Fernando Gonzalez Gentile wrote:

>on 11/03/2006 15:32, PhotoSphere Olympus Camera Service at
>olyfix@xxxxxxxxxx, wrote:
>

>>We use Niwa drivers, usually with a 2.0mm + bit.
>>

>Great start. The best I can get are Stanley, and rather small.
>Are Niwa too difficult to find, or too expensive, there in Texas?

Do the Stanleys look like this
<http://www.moosemystic.net/Gallery/tech/Xpoint.htm>? I can't believe
these inexpensive Japanese drivers aren't available in Uruguay. The seem
to be everywhere, under some name or another. The shot of the box makes
the bottom look black, but it is a darkish blue.

Whatever the brand, they are actually quite good. They probably wouldn't
hold up under constant use like an industrial brand, but they are cross
point, not Phillips, and cross point is what is required for the
Oly/Zuiko screws, shaped to fit snugly and seem to be properly hardened.

DON"T use a Phillips! It may seem to fit properly, but it doesn't and
will slip out and likely damage soemthing.

The little cross-bar comes sitting in its own indentation at the top of
the box. I doubt if I have incountered screws as tough as the worst
Clint describes, but I have encountered some that required putting
considerable weight on the driver while using the bar to get enough
torque. In all cases so far, this has worked. Even if it doesn't, if you
do it right, the driver won't slip and tear anything up.

Moose