[OM] Re: Attention : 16mm fisheye owners - now: 21/3.5 owners

Subject: [OM] Re: Attention : 16mm fisheye owners - now: 21/3.5 owners
From: Fernando Gonzalez Gentile <fgnzalez@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 12 Mar 2006 13:24:11 -0300
on 12/03/2006 05:21, Moose at olymoose@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, wrote:

Hi Moose,

> Do the Stanleys look like this
> <http://www.moosemystic.net/Gallery/tech/Xpoint.htm>?
No, the Stanley 'precission kit' are much more nice, but smaller (shorter)
and don't have any cross-bar, though the grip part is very nicely designed.

What I don't recall is whether the kit comes with Philips or crosspoint, but
size #1 and #2 are all it has, besides other standard screwdrivers.

I currently have a very inexpensive Aili set, which crosspoint seems much
more smaller than those on your picture, and don't have any cross-bar.
Perhaps that's why I cannot apply enough torque.

> I can't believe
> these inexpensive Japanese drivers aren't available in Uruguay.
Should you live here as I do, this would be one of the least important
things to wonder if to believe or not ;^)

> DON"T use a Phillips! It may seem to fit properly, but it doesn't and
> will slip out and likely damage soemthing.
Good thing to keep advicing. Mike's site has a good macro shot which shows
the difference between both types of point.
Shouldn't it be for this list, I would have damaged too may screws already.

> , but I have encountered some that required putting
> considerable weight on the driver while using the bar to get enough
> torque. In all cases so far, this has worked. Even if it doesn't, if you
> do it right, the driver won't slip and tear anything up.
This really puzzles me. Never knew, and cannot understand why a screw may
become loose if a certain amount of weight is put on the driver.

O.K., tomorrow I'll investigate the Stanley kit again - hope they now come
with a large grip size and clearly marked as crosspoint.

Thanks a lot, Moose.