[OM] Re: What is Olyusa up to now?

Subject: [OM] Re: What is Olyusa up to now?
From: NSURIT@xxxxxxx
Date: Sun, 12 Mar 2006 15:50:32 EST

In a message dated 3/12/2006 2:17:54 P.M. Central Standard Time,
piers@xxxxxxxx writes:

That is  precisely the point, Bill.  In pint of fact, I think the  underlying
panel *is* a TPC-1 panel, since the strake along the bottom edge  is too long
for a T32 panel, but putting a sticker on does not make it a  full-blown
calculator such as the original, because you can't alter film  speed ot
aperture as you could with the original panel.

Let's give  him the benefit of the doubt, and assume that he doesn't know
what he is  selling.

I emailed him and what follows is that communication.

My email to him:

The item you are selling appears to be a panel off of some T series flash,
perhaps even a T 32, with one of the stickers Olympus provided, attached to it
rather than a panel specifically designed for the T 8 with an 80mm lens. The
non-adjustable ISO is the first clue. The second would be that nothing
happens  to the displsy when you slide the slider at the top. Sound like a
recipe
for an  unhappy buyer. You night take a look and see what I'm talking about.

His response:

This auction is for Olympus original (once again  Olympus original without a
ny sticker) T8 80mm calculator panel.

My final response:

I know the panels where available for both for both the 135mm and 80mm
lenses.  The one I have for the 135mm, as well as, the ones I have for the
50mm
allow you to adjust the ISO.  The one you have at auction looks  exactly like
the calculator labels supplied with the T Power Control 1.  I  could be wrong
and it does look rather different from the panels made by Olympus  with
adjustable ISO.