[OM] Re: Digital vs film resolution a way or thinking its not about the

Subject: [OM] Re: Digital vs film resolution a way or thinking its not about the numbers!
From: Winsor Crosby <wincros@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 13 Mar 2006 09:46:46 -0800
I think Reichmann's point was that even though grain is about half
the size of pixel sites it is either black or white. He said you need
a little group of grains to make gray and that clump is bigger than a
pixel which can be several thousand shades of gray in its discrete
little self. I think he was trying to show why comparisons that use
black and white resolution charts give an advantage to film that is
not reflected in real world photography. Thought provoking stuff.

Winsor
Long Beach, California, USA