[OM] Re: Super 4/3?

Subject: [OM] Re: Super 4/3?
From: "Bill Pearce" <bs.pearce@xxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 13 Mar 2006 12:58:43 -0600

> Anyone have a sense of the coverage of the Oly digital lenses?  If it
> is generous couldn't Oly some time in the future decide on a little
> bigger sensor in order to increase resolution and keep noise down?

Winsor,

Bravo! I have thought the very same thing for some time. Wouldn't it be
possible to keep the same body and increase the size of the sensor by making
changes to the casting? Presuming that the minaturization of electronics
continues, it should be possible to add something in the 1.75 magnification
area that could solve some problems, and get them in the 10-12 mp area that
seems necessary for pro sales, or competetive with canon/nokon, anyway.

Bill Pearce