[OM] Re: e-1 over exposes when used with 1.4X and 50-200mm DZ

Subject: [OM] Re: e-1 over exposes when used with 1.4X and 50-200mm DZ
From: "Wiliam Wagenaar" <wiliam@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 13 Mar 2006 21:10:56 +0100
Bill Barber asked:
-----
>Any ideas why everything is totally blown out when I use my DZ 1.4X
with
>the
>50-200mm Digital Zuiko. Anybody else have this  problem?  Bill Barber

Besides all the comments mentioned I would check if the aperture closes
(as far as it should) during exposure. Maybe using Manual setting and
longer shutter speeds can give you an insight. Unlike the OM-2(x) and
OM-4(x) on Auto the E-1 will measure light before exposure and not
during exposure. All exposures would be very affected if this is the
cause. Only using maximum aperture should give no overexposure. I am not
sure if the presumption that you don't see the effect on other lenses
can be made immediately. I probably would only use the TC on the
50-200mm and not on the 14-54.

My two cents as usual. Please let us know how you go.

Wiliam