[OM] Re: Scanning workflow question

Subject: [OM] Re: Scanning workflow question
From: Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 14 Mar 2006 08:04:24 -0500
Unfortunately, I don't have PhotoShop beyond PS 7.  But yesterday I was
reading a brief article from Shutter Bug (sorry, don't know what issue)
that discussed, not the problem of positioning the prints, but rather
scanning the entire set of small prints on the glass as a single image
and then automagically cropping them out into single files.

I believe it requires PS CS at minimum and is to be found under the
File--> Automate menu.  I don't recall the name of the final menu entry
to separate the photos but I'm sure it will be recognizable when you get
there.  The article cautions to make sure the photos do not touch or PS
will get confused and try to treat touching photos as one.  However, as
long as they don't touch they can be laid on the glass pretty
helter-skelter and it will figure out the crop and right the image.

Chuck Norcutt