[OM] Re: It's happened. I've relented.

Subject: [OM] Re: It's happened. I've relented.
From: Winsor Crosby <wincros@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 14 Mar 2006 13:40:28 -0800
The other thing your example shows is that dust is swirling around
inside the mirror chamber. Every time the mirror flips up and down it
is like a giant fan that whirls the air around and the dust with it.
It is not magically stuck to a piece of tape covering a small area of
the compartment. It is floating and coating everything. I think your
idea of its being out of focus in the E-1 is probably right.

I did not have much of a problem with dust with my D100. I would
clean it before a major trip and that was it. I picked up only few
dust bunnies in pictures which were easily remedied. The D70 is
famous for its very thin antialiasing filter which enhances the
sharpness but has some moire problems. I would bet that its dust is
in sharp focus.

Winsor
Long Beach, California, USA