[OM] Re: camera choices

Subject: [OM] Re: camera choices
From: "Tom Scales" <tscales@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 15 Mar 2006 10:35:21 -0500
Actually, virtually everything has weaknesses.  The 4000ED had autofocus
issues and was better focused manually.  Their software was terrible, almost
forcing Vuescan.  At the time, it was a good value for the money, but I
would probably choose a Minolta if doing it today (although their recent
decision to exit the camera business would give me pause).

As mentioned a prior email, I like my Nikons and bought them purely because
they had the 12-24 and Canon didn't have a wide angle (for quite some time).
Now they do and they are advancing faster. If I was deciding now, I'd go
Canon.  I didn't, but that doesn't make me unhappy.

As for the OMs, should I start with the OM-10 problems?

Tom