[OM] Re: Epson V700

Subject: [OM] Re: Epson V700
From: swisspace <swisspace@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 15 Mar 2006 16:54:03 +0100
I don't have much time at the moment, but here are two crops from two
tiff files, the first is from the nikon coolscan V

http://thattimeoflife.smugmug.com/photos/60002766-Ti.jpg

and the second from the epson V700
http://thattimeoflife.smugmug.com/photos/60002768-M.jpg

although I didnt scan the nikon it is supposedly as the scanner
delivered it at 4000dpi, the epson V700 scan was done at 3200dpi. I just
copied the same area and converted it to jpeg and then uploaded them to
smugmug which resized them automatically.

As you can see pixel peeping it's not quite up to the nikon scan but for
me it is pretty close and with some tweaking I am sure I can get it even
closer. To my eyes  (with kodachrome scans) it is giving nicer colours
compared to the nikon.

IanW