[OM] Flash voltage on E-1

Subject: [OM] Flash voltage on E-1
From: Dan Mitchell <danmitchell@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 15 Mar 2006 21:05:59 -0700
  According to the manual, "Some flashes available on the market operate
with a synchro terminal with a voltage of 250 V or over. If one of these
is used, it may damage the camera, and/or the camera may not function
normally."

  Now, one of the local shops has a Vivitar 365 on sale cheaply, and I'm
tempted -- as far as I can tell, that has a sync voltage of ~50V
according to http://www.botzilla.com/photo/strobeVolts.html and
http://groups.google.ca/group/rec.photo/msg/3a07860f30005c08?hl=en&;
  which would be fine.

  That said, just to be on the safe side, which other 3rd party flashes
have people successfully used with their E-1s? I know the T32 is fine,
but that's around 12v so that doesn't prove much.

  thanks,

  -- dan