[OM] Re: E System items not available

Subject: [OM] Re: E System items not available
From: John Hermanson <omtech1@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 16 Mar 2006 10:04:36 -0500
In the US, I've sold 2 E-500 2 lens sets in the last 2 weeks, even
though at the time, Olympus Dealer page said they were backordered.
___________________________________
John Hermanson
Camtech Photo Services, Inc.
21 South Lane, Huntington NY 11743
631-424-2121 | Olympus OM Service since 1977
http://www.zuiko.com  |  omtech1 AT verizon.net

Stuart Robinson wrote:
> Scott, I'm UK & bought an E500 about a month ago. Jessops who are one of
> our biggest chain of camera shops, I think, could neither give me a
> price or a date when they would be available.
>
> Stuart
>
> Scott Gomez wrote:
>
>>Has anyone heard anything about why so many E System items are "Out of
>>Stock"?
>>
>>B&H lists a surprising number of items as out, as do other US vendors.
>>I've just been browsing the Olympus America site, and most of the same
>>items are "Out of Stock" there as well, which I would surmise means
>>they're simply unavailable in the USA generally, at the moment. This
>>ranges from not-body-specific items like flashes (no FL-36 or FL-50) and
>>a fair number of lenses to body-specific items like the various power
>>accessories for the E-1.
>>
>>USA-only problem, I wonder, or just generally out all over?
>>
>>---
>>Scott Gomez
>>List usage info:     http://www.zuikoholic.com
>>List nannies:        olympusadmin@xxxxxxxxxx