[OM] Re: OM microscope adapter

Subject: [OM] Re: OM microscope adapter
From: Alan Wood <alan.wood@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 17 Mar 2006 08:24:47 -0000
John Duggan wrote:

> Someone MUST have a use for this....I assume you need an
> Olympus microscope  - with a trinocular
> head. Pretty serios kit! Stil trying to figure out how
> connect a Leitz binocular head microscope
> to my Olympus cameras.......Dont know for sure BUT I am
> guessing it will use my Manfrotto 410
> tripod head.....

The Photomicro Adapter L attaches to a circular dovetail that is found on
Olympus trinocular microscopes.

You can use the Adapter L with non-Olympus microscopes by using an eyepiece
adapter that clamps onto one of the eyepiece tubes, and provides the
circular dovetail.

<http://www.alanwood.net/photography/olympus/eyepiece-adapters.html>

The weight of the adapter/camera combination can be a problem with binocular
microscopes, because the microscope is less stable, and may fall over.
Supporting the camera on a tripod would help.

Alan Wood
http://www.alanwood.net (Unicode, special characters, pesticide names)