[OM] bye for now

Subject: [OM] bye for now
From: Peter Leyssens <peterleyssens@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 18 Mar 2006 23:56:10 +0100
Hi,

Ever since I've bought my Zorki rangefinder, I'm finding I read this
mailing list with less and less enthusiasm.  Additionally, I tend to
have my hands full at the moment with a graduation dissertation, a few
courses to attend (Japanese AND philosophy that I added as a hobby), a
new girlfriend which is working out really well, and photography.

About that latter, but frequently primary, hobby of mine: I'm shooting
more than ever now.  As I put it on RangefinderForum:

"When collapsed, the Zorki with the lens are so portable, they're now in
my coat pocket every time I leave the house. Every time. I've never done
that before with any camera, including my Minolta TC-1 P&S (probably
because I put it in a belt bag instead of in my coat pocket). This, plus
the fact that the mechanical quality of the Zorki is addictive to use,
has got me shooting more than I've ever done when at home, some days
even challenging past days off traveling (and traveling alone, I shot
quite a bit)."

That's right, I'm using a camera and loving it.  It's not an Olympus.
Which doesn't mean I'm going to get rid of my Olympus gear, heaven
forbid !  My OM-4Ti, 28/f2.8, 50/f1.4 and 90/f2.0 have been very good
companions on many a trip, and they probably will join me on many
another.  But for now, experimenting with this different way of working
seems to be what I need to do.

I don't know when/if I'll be back on the list, but remembering the past,
I've been off a few times and I've come back each time.  I always refer
to this list as an example of how good an internet community can be,
when people are complaining to me about internet attitudes.  You guys
are great, but I wouldn't trust you on your own :-P

I've got a gallery on Zoto that has quite a few OM photos (Japan,
Scotland and currently the whole of Wroclaw galleries) and a quickly
expanding Zorki bit (all the other galleries, more to be added on
Monday, including to the Wroclaw gallery).  Here's the link: I hope you
enjoy them :)

http://peterleyssens.zoto.com/galleries

Take care,

Peter.