[OM] Re: Full E-330 review on dpreview

Subject: [OM] Re: Full E-330 review on dpreview
From: Winsor Crosby <wincros@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 18 Mar 2006 16:48:39 -0800
You may be right that he does not get it. I think he is wrong when he
says it is a feature that would not appeal to a DSLR user. What is
chimping, but checking to see whether you got it right? Doing it
before pressing the shutter would have its advantages, at least
sometimes.

The problem he points out is the implementation.  For me, if the
preview LCD does not show the full frame, what is the point? It can't
be used for framing. It also sounds like the optical viewfinder is
small and dim. Maybe OK for framing, but maybe lacking in how the
"stuff" in the image will look. I would not likely use the mode that
requires the mirror to be locked up and then lowering it for an image
for all the world like a view camera on a tripod. It seems to me that
one should be able to use either system successfully, not to have use
them both to know what you are getting.  A new camera with three
problematic viewing systems sounds like a step back.

Winsor
Long Beach, California, USA