[OM] Zuiko 50/3.5 on E-thingy

Subject: [OM] Zuiko 50/3.5 on E-thingy
From: "Brian Swale" <bj@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 19 Mar 2006 14:18:31 +1200
Hi all

A further note on using a Zuiko 50mm f/3.5 lens on an E-1.

Sometimes, and I suspect it is when I stop down to f/8, artifacts appear,
especially when photographing something that is not straight black and
white; and even sometimes when it is.

I don't think it is what is referred to as noise. If it has a name I don't know
what it is.

It shows as irregularly-shaped rectangular patches of a different colour; as
viewed on the screen, anyway.

I have not seen this with images produced by ZD lenses.  The effect really
showed today when I photographed some flowers.

Brian