[OM] Re: Olympus OM Odyssey - New Pictures!!!

Subject: [OM] Re: Olympus OM Odyssey - New Pictures!!!
From: Nick Wilson <toona@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 19 Mar 2006 14:51:18 +1100
"The Australians are on a wining streak."

Funnily enough, this typo is funny! The OO little black beauty is in the wilds
of Whian Whian at the moment. This is not pronounced with a tentative 'wee-ann
wee-ann' as it often seems to be, but as 'wine wine' if one is celebrating and
'whine whine' if one is not.

I am sure there was meant to be no reference to Australians' complaining habits
(it would be a whinging streak), or our alcoholic nature (probably still a
beering streak, but wining is catching up) or our propensity to take our
clothes off and run in public. This only happens on important occasions.

Nick

PS Been about 30 C here. La Nina often brings above average rainfall to eastern
Australia, but the subtropical coastal strip is less susceptible to the ENSO
cycles. Still, a wettish summer and it has been good tree growing weather.
Recently had a flood in the creek from the sharp rain from an extra-tropical
cyclone (known as an 'east coast low' - isn't meteorology fun?). Shame the
camera wasn't here...the little Whian Whian falls looks like Victoria Falls for
a few days afterwards.

Nick