[OM] Re: The next competitive arena for DSLRs?

Subject: [OM] Re: The next competitive arena for DSLRs?
From: Wayne S <om4t@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 19 Mar 2006 15:12:21 -0500
At 02:31 PM 3/19/2006, Winsor wrote:
><snip>
>I really don't think viewfinder quality is any more likely to grab
>money now than it did with the OMs.  Autofocus won that race. I don't
>think that people buy the 5D for its viewfinder. They buy it for the
>prestige of being like the 1DsmkII and to use their old lenses. VF
>clarity is just an unexpected bonus.

I may be the exception here, I had zero Canon lenses and the
Viewfinder was my number one requirement. If I cannot tell accurate
focus in the viewfinder, I will find a different camera. I could care
less about prestige. Performance, yes. I will not buy a camera
that does not have a decent viewfinder and diopter adjustment.
Unless I know it is a P&S class camera, like the C5060. Maybe
some people need to have bragging rights, but who cares if
they can't take a great picture.

Wayne